Search
Generic filters


Provider Name
Insurance
Location
Provider Type
Treatment Areas
Language
Time Preference

Humana & Mental Health Coverage

Does Humana Cover Mental Health?

Most Humana insurance plans provide mental health benefits. You can find this in your insurance plan under “Behavioral Health Services” or “Coverage for Mental Health Services.”

Does Humana Cover Therapy?

The majority of Humana insurance plans cover therapy. Contact your insurance company directly to determine your coverage level.

Does Humana Cover Psychiatry?

Yes, most Humana insurance plans will cover psychiatry. We encourage you to contact your insurance provider to determine your coverage level.

How Do I Check My Humana Plan Coverage?

We recommend you check the description of your plan benefits listed under “Behavioral Health Services” or “Coverage for Mental Health Services.”

If you are unable to find this, contact your insurance carrier directly.

What Mental Health Conditions Does Humana Cover?

Humana Mental Health Benefits

The purpose of this section is to break down the different mental and behavioral health benefits provided by Humana’s Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans. The goal is to help you to understand the level of benefits generally paid for mental health services, chemical dependency services, and outpatient alcoholism services under their general individual and family PPO plans.

All of their services require individuals and their families to meet their deductibles before any benefits are paid out. What this means is that people must pay a designated amount for covered healthcare services before Humana begins to pay for covered services.

Once their deductible has been met, they will only be responsible for making copayments and/or coinsurance for their covered services. A copayment is simply a flat rate that an individual pays for a covered service after their deductible. For example, if a person has met their deductible, and they are meeting their psychiatrist, Humana will require them to pay $20 for the visit, and Humana will cover the remaining costs.

Coinsurance is similar to copayments, but the coinsurance is presented as a percentage of the cost of a covered service after they have met their deductible. So let’s say that you had an operation on a broken bone that costs $1000. If you have a coinsurance rate of 20%, you would be required to pay $200 for the cost of the operation, and Humana would pay the remaining $800, or 80%.

Copayments and coinsurance are inversely related to an individual’s premium payments, meaning that policies with lower premiums will have higher copayments and coinsurance and vice versa.

Humana Outpatient Mental Health Benefits

Outpatient services are medical checkups for individuals that do not require an overnight stay in a hospital or medical facility. Outpatient services include wellness and prevention services, diagnoses for medical conditions, treatment for medical conditions, and rehabilitation services.

In the case of mental health services, these would include meetings with your therapist or psychiatrist, diagnoses of mental health conditions from a psychiatrist, and psychotherapy or treatment for a mental health condition.

Seeking assistance for a mental health condition is important for individuals’ mental and physical health because if they remain untreated, the conditions may worsen and create persistent and prolonged physical health problems.

As an in-network mental health service provider partnered with Humana, Clarity Clinic can provide individuals with highly personalized treatment and therapy plans for all cognitive, affective, and behavioral health conditions.

 

Sources: Humana

The content herein is provided for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Medical insurance information changes constantly, and therefore the content on this website should not be assumed to be current, complete or exhaustive. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please call your doctor or 9-1-1 (in the United States) immediately.