In order to make treatment most successful, I take the time to truly get to know my patients as individuals and to understand their symptoms, illness, and goals in treatment. I view treatment as a partnership and strive to guide my patients while involving them in treatment decisions, creating a space to feel comfortable to express one’s self and voice concerns.
I am a board certified psychiatrist with expertise in a wide variety of psychiatric disorders including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and personality disorders. I received my psychiatric training at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and am currently an attending psychiatrist and the vice-chair of behavioral health at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. I have a strong background in both medication management and psychotherapy, and believe in tailoring treatments to the individual, considering holistic and lifestyle changes as important as pharmacologic treatment. Treatment will typically include therapeutic interventions, with an emphasis on mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques.
Blue Cross Blue Shield • Self pay
ADD/ADHD Medication Management • Addiction/Substance Abuse • Adjustment Disorder • Anxiety • Bipolar Disorder • Borderline Personality Disorder • Depression • Eating Disorder • Major Depressive Disorder • Mindfulness • Mood Disorders • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) • Personality Disorder • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Trauma • Psychiatric Consultation • Schizophrenia • Sleep Disorder • Social Anxiety • Suicidal Thoughts • Adult Psychotherapy • Anger Management • Daytime Sleepiness • Grief and Loss/Bereavement • Life Coaching • Life Transition • Occupational Difficulties • Relationship Issues • Sadness • Self Esteem • Stress/Worry
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- ABPN Board Certified, 9/2016, Psychiatry Residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Education and training
- University of California - San Diego, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minors in Biology and Music
- Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, Medical Degree
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Psychiatry Residency
- American Psychiatric Association
- Illinois Psychiatric Society
Honors and awards
- CMS Dean's Award for Excellence in Clinical Education