A safe and compassionate practice for children and their families struggling with mental and behavioral concerns.
We specialize in a variety of modalities focused on child development, family dynamics and emotional regulation to assess the individual needs of the child and their families and identify treatment options that best fit the child and their families. Many times, children’s behavior or emotional concerns are the result of external factors, and through assessment and evaluation, our clinicians work with the entire family unit to identify strengths to focus on, as well as teaching coping skills to reduce symptoms.
Children often have difficulty expressing themselves verbally, which can result in behavioral issues and negative thinking patterns. Play therapy provides children with the opportunity to express themselves through a language that is more recognizable to them -- play. With the aid of a play therapist, children can learn skills and tools to better understand and express their thoughts and emotions and can positively impact development. Play therapy has been seen as effective in children who suffer from a wide range of issues including:
Communication, resolving and processing trauma, exploring emotions and thoughts, problem solving, addressing grief and loss, and developmental issues.
Children may exhibit behavior or emotional struggles triggered by an identifiable stressor in his/her life. Adjustment issues may include:
- New sibling
Clarity Clinic offers a wide variety of psychological, cognitive, and psychoeducational testing services for children, adolescents and teens.
- A psychological evaluation examines an individual’s behavior, intellectual functioning, academic abilities, self-concept, strengths, and socio-emotional adjustment.
- Evaluations (including neuropsychological, biopsychosocial and psychoeducational), offer patients a multi-disciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment of developmental, emotional, learning and behavioral disorders.
- A psychological evaluation is often used to help gain diagnostic clarity and provide recommendations to improve overall quality of life and emotional functioning. Patients tend to appreciate the comfort of receiving evaluations, medication management and therapy on location.
- Cognitive testing is provided for individuals experiencing memory, attention, or learning difficulties to help identify potential neurological disorders that may be impacting cognitive functioning. Specific measures are selected to formulate a battery specific to the referral question.
- Psychoeducational testing assesses an individual’s intellectual abilities (relative strengths and weaknesses), basic academic achievement (reading, writing, mathematics), and psychological screenings to provide information about potential learning disabilities or other disorders that might interfere with academic or occupational functioning.
- Psychoeducational evaluations may also be used as guidelines for academic accommodations.
Anxiety | Worries
Autism | Asperger's | PDD
Children of Divorce
Chronic Illness | Chronic Pain
Eating Issues | Eating Disorders
Grief | Loss
Obesity | Weight Management
Phobias | Fears
(failure at school, refusing to go)
Sleep Disturbances | Insomnia
Tics | Tourette's
Trichotillomania (Chronic Hair Pulling)
Natalie Stanish, MS, ALMFT
With a Master's degree in Child Development and Family Studies, I have advanced training working with children, adolescents, and their families. My gentle and compassionate approach is collaborative, strength-based and focuses on treating the whole issue at hand- not just the symptoms. Utilizing Play Therapy and Attachment-based interventions, I meet children/teens where they are at to establish a strong therapeutic connection with them, and then work side-by-side with parents to equip them with the skills they need to help their suffering child/teen and rebuild family relationships. With a strong focus on the family unit, I believe parents are the most important and influential entity in a youth's life and work closely with the whole family to bring about significant and long-lasting change that encourages the healthy development of youth.
Nicole Rothman, LSW
Nicole holds Master of Clinical Social Work degree from New York University and an undergraduate degree from George Washington University with a major in Psychology. She spent time as both a Guidance Counselor at an Elementary School focusing on Cognitive behavioral Therapy and Group Play Therapy. Nicole brings dynamic evidence-based, approaches to her clinical practice, namely person-centered, psycho-education, and mindfulness namely cognitive behavioral therapy.
Maureen Faydash, MSW
Having several years of experience working with children and adolescents, I have developed a clinical practice that combines my education in child development and Play Therapy with empathy and acceptance for the child, in order to implement effective treatment interventions in pediatric psychotherapy. Throughout the process, I support the child as she/he works through complex emotions and/or life experiences through play, while guiding the child in developing and learning new and effective coping skills. Collaboration with parent/s is viewed as an invaluable part of the therapeutic process in order to support the child, and assist in incorporating new skills and strategies at home and at school.
Dinha Farooqui, LPC
Dinha has a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and has experience working with children and adolescents. Her training allowed Dinha to work with children dealing with a wide range of concerns including depression, anxiety, self-esteem, and ADHD. Dinha integrates play and creative therapy in her work with children to promote growth and communication. Dinha also incorporates positive psychology into sessions by helping children identify strengths and accomplishments and encouraging children to
CLARITY CLINIC ACCEPTS MANY INSURANCE PLANS
AETNA | BCBS | CIGNA | HUMANA-PPO,EPO | HUMANA MEDICARE POS | MEDICARE | TRICARE | UNITED HEALTHCARE | BCBS-SAINT JOSEPHS (MUST HAVE REFERRAL FROM PCP)| HMO | BCBS BLUE CHOICE | HMO | HUMANA | HMO | HUMANA MEDICARE HMO
Also Accepting Out-Of-Network Provider