Clarity Clinic’s Doctoral Practicum/Internship In Clinical Psychology
Doctoral interns and practicum students are afforded the opportunity to provide therapy and psychological assessment services at Clarity Clinic.
Psychological testing is conducted at our Loop and Arlington Heights outpatient clinics with patients for whom psychological testing has been ordered by psychiatrists, physicians assistants, and outside providers. All psychological testing cases are supervised by a licensed clinical psychologist who evaluates the doctoral internships and practicum students in the areas of clinical interviewing, administration, scoring, report writing, and feedback skills. Our training provides a range of psychological assessments, incorporating a variety of cognitive, objective, and projective personality measures, and neuropsychological assessments. In addition to these measures, Clarity Clinic also offers more specialized measures, including mood and personality inventories, developmental/behavioral assessments, executive functioning assessments, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder assessments. Doctoral Interns average 15 assessments in the training year. Assessment practicum students average 10-12 assessments in the training year.
Doctoral Interns and Advanced Therapy Practicum students have the ability to do individual, family, group, multi-family therapy/groups, psycho-educational training, and work within an interdisciplinary team. They are supported and work for hand in hand with psychiatrists, psychologists, physician assistants, and other staff members. These students will also be exposed to a broad range of assessment and therapy opportunities.
Why a Practicum/ Internship with Clarity Clinic?
● Opportunity to gain experience and learn the ins and outs of group practice
● Become a part of a team where we treat each other with respect and professionalism.
● From externs to the CEO, we all work here and take pride in the practice environment we create together
● Opportunity to consult with leading psychiatrists and therapists throughout the Chicagoland area
● Gain direct clinical hours providing therapy and assessment services to a wide range of presenting problems with diverse populations.
● Work in the heart of downtown Chicago – accessible by public transportation
Requirements for Application into the Doctoral Internship, Doctoral Assessment and Advances Therapy Practicum Training Program
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (for Doctoral Assessment and Doctoral Internship Applicants Only)
Email Application Materials for Doctoral Assessment and Doctoral Internship to [email protected]
Clarity Clinic’s Master’s Level Practicum/Internship Training Program
Clarity Clinic offers master’s level practicum/internship training experiences including traditional outpatient psychotherapy along with clinical consultation with psychiatric providers. Supervision by a licensed therapist is provided on a weekly basis. Additional group supervision and training are provided.
Requirements for Application into the Therapy Practicum Training Program
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendations
Email Application Materials to [email protected]