I enjoy the challenges of learning and treating the brain and its complexities. The mind-body integration and how it affects our day-to-day lives is fascinating to me.
As a psychiatrist, I understand the importance of keeping up with advances in science and medicine in addition to being practical about what will work best for the patient. I like to combine cutting edge medicine with care and empathy to form a personalized treatment plan for each of my patients to achieve the best results with a safe and compassionate approach.
I graduated from the Southern Illinois University (SIU) after a 4-year residency training in Psychiatry and a 2-year fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry training. I completed my 6-year medical school MD degree at one of the top three universities in India and then pursued research training at VCU in Richmond,VA and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. I also trained at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS). I sit on various committees both at the state level and federal level for professional organizations including American Psychiatric Association (APA) and AACAP. I have also worked with Senators’ and Representatives’ offices with regard to healthcare advocacy and policy making.
My clinical interests include various disorders that affect child mental health and the pediatric brain. I’m a double-board certified Physician and specialize in ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, intellectual disabilities and neuro-developmental disorders. By staying up to date with the most recent developments in medicine, I’m able to provide effective treatment for my patients. Understanding their challenges and needs allows me to personalize their care and achieve results in reaching their goals. Helping my patients succeed is the most fulfilling part of my work.
Blue Cross Blue Shield • Self pay • Cigna • United • Aetna • Medicare •
ADD/ADHD Medication Management • Adjustment Disorder • Anger Management • Anxiety • Autism • Bipolar Disorder • Daytime Sleepiness • Depression • Grief and Loss/Bereavement • Major Depressive Disorder • Medication Review • Mood Disorders • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Trauma • Psychiatric Consultation • Sadness • Schizophrenia • Self Esteem • Social Anxiety • Stress/Worry • Suicidal Thoughts
Education and training
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, MD, Residency in Psychiatry
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, MD, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Illinois Psychiatric Society
- Illinois Council of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Honors and awards
- The 2019 Systems of Care Special Program Clinical Projects Award, Co-sponsored by SAMHSA's Center for Mental Health Services and AACAP's Committee on Community-based Systems of Care
- Resident Scholar Fellowship Award and Certificate of Excellence, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Washington D.C., 2019
- Helen Beiser MD Resident Membership Award, Illinois Council of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2018
- AACAP EOP Travel Grant Award, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2018
- Best Research Proposal Award, SIU School of Medicine, 2016
- American Journal of Psychiatry August 2014
- Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Connect
- Featured articles in Illinois Psychiatric Society Newsletter August 2020 See all
- Featured articles in JAACAP Connect November 2020
- Featured articles in AACAP News November 2020